Am I covered if I am not Danish?
If the following requirements are met, your package travel will be eligible for coverage under the Fund:
- Your travel provider must be registered with the Fund
- Your trip is a package holiday with a scheduled departure date after the bankruptcy
- You can prove that you have bought a package holiday and that you have paid for it
- The company with which you have agreed to buy a package holiday must have gone bankrupt
You are automatically eligible for coverage under the Fund if the above requirements are met. You do not have to take any action to opt in, nor does your ticket/invoice have to indicate that you are covered.
If you have bought a flight ticket, you will be eligible for coverage under the Fund if the following requirements are met
- You must have bought a flight ticket with departure from and return to a Danish airport
- You can prove that you have bought and paid for the flight ticket
- The company with which you made the agreement to buy the flight tickets must have gone bankrupt, so that you were unable to travel because of the bankruptcy.